This jersey coord outfit is a great option for a night out. Featuring a body-hugging skirt and long sleeve top, it’s sure to make a statement… Plus, it’s an easy sewing project that comes with a free PDF sewing pattern – perfect for sewers of any level!
** 1 cm seam allowance included **
- 180 x 150 cm of 50-60% stretch jersey with spandex
- All-purpose thread
- Stretch needle
- Twin stretch needle
- Roughly 1 m of knitted elastic (2.5 cm wide)
This pattern is drafted according to the following body measurements. Standard height is 1.64 m.
|Bust||85 cm||89 cm||93 cm||99 cm||105 cm||113 cm||121 cm|
|Waist||64 cm||68 cm||72 cm||78 cm||84 cm||92 cm||100 cm|
|Hips||92 cm||96 cm||100 cm||106 cm||112 cm||120 cm||128 cm|
Finished garment measurements
- Top length from shoulder to hem: approx. 40 cm.
- Skirt length from waist to hem: 57 cm.
PRINT & ASSEMBLE
First, be sure to use ACROBAT READER to open your PDF sewing patterns. It’s free!
Then, open your file and check on the left side of the screen for the LAYERS icon. Click on the icon and uncheck all the sizes you won’t need.
Now, click on the PRINT icon at the top of the screen. The print settings will appear, so check that the ACTUAL SIZE option is ticked. Click on the PRINT button!
A 5 x 5 cm (and 2 x 2 in) control square is provided so you can check that your pattern is true to size.
To assemble, cut each sheet along the bottom and right margins, as indicated. Each sheet is labelled with a letter and a number (A1, B2…), so tape them together following the numerical and alphanumerical order. All the sheets within one row have the same letter, and all the sheets within the same column has the same letter.
Reminder that seam allowances are 1 cm wide, unless stated otherwise.
- TOP: sew the shoulders.
- Make and attach the neckband. The band needs to be stretched to fit.
- Attach the sleeves.
- Sew the front and back at the side and underarm seams.
- Hem the bottom of the top and the sleeves (turn once 3 cm).
- SKIRT: sew the side seams.
- Overlap the ends of the knitted elastic by 2 cm and sew in place (rectangle stitch or zigzag stitch).
- Make the waistband and insert the elastic inside.
- Attach the waistband to the skirt. Use the “stitch in the ditch” technique to keep the elastic in place inside the waistband.
- Hem the bottom of the skirt (turn once 3 cm).
One thought on “Jersey coord top and bodycon skirt – Free sewing pattern download PDF”